|Season 2, Episode 14|
May 28, 2007
Turn The Other Cheek
The Pious Scouts go on an overnight camping trip and Orel struggles to reconcile what he's been taught with the evidence before him when he encounters a creature that appears to be the missing evolutionary link between humans and the older primates.
While on a Pious Scouts trip in an artificial forest, Orel and Doughy are first told about the "evils" of Darwinism when they stumble across a hominid frozen in a block of ice (Which should take care of their "coincidence badges"). After thawing it, Orel considers the Missing Link to be his new friend. After he runs amok in a church bake sale, however, the town insists on forcibly educating the caveman on Christian dogma and Moralton thinking in general.
After re-education and a complete grooming change, the Missing Link becomes "Link McMissons"—a now popular right-wing talk radio host. His star, however, quickly falls when debating a scientist on the Theory of Evolution, he is confronted with his own background. The citizens of Moralton riot and soon capture Link and lock him in a church freezer, where they leave and go drink at Forghetty's. Forgotten, Link is once again frozen and not discovered until one million years later when an Orel look-a-like, Zorel is retrieving pastries for Reverend Flashwing's bake sale.
Major characters Edit
- Reverend Putty
- Clay Puppington
- Doughy Latchkey
- Bloberta Puppington
- Block Posabule
- Agnus Sculptham
- Principal Fakey
- Mr. Cartsen
- Florence Papermouth (cameo)
- Scientist (first and only appearance)
- Intro gag: Orel holds out a signature book and pen. Then a lightning bolt hits the book and "GOD" is signed on a page.
- At the end of the episode, a scale up reveals that Moralton has completely taken over the United States, and the U.S. is the only country remaining on Earth. Its just cartoon fiction.
- Dino Stamatopoulos thought that he had "dropped the ball" on this episode as head writer.
- The promotional advertisements for this episode used the song "Bang a Gong (Get It On)" by T. Rex.
- This epsiode premiered on the Internet prior to its TV airing on [adult swim video] on May 24, 2007. However, due to technical difficulties it wasn't able to be viewed until May 26, 2007.
- The whole "Geniusis" movement is a reference to the "Intelligent Design" movement, a creationist group that teaches the truth of the Bible's Genesis story.